www.woltersworld.com This is always a controversial topic in any travel site. But I want to say these are my opinions and there are literally dozens of other towns in Germany worth visiting. I have visited approximately 80 cities and towns in Germany for tourism and these are my ten favorite to visit. Please feel free to comment on your favorites.
These are in no particular order.
1. Quedlinburg. This UNESCO World Heritage town is chock full of half timbered houses (Fachwerk), a nice castle, very few tourists, and one of the prettiest quaintest Christmas markets in Germany. It is my favorite town in Germany.
2. Berlin. The capital, from History (Berlin Wall), to Museums (Museum Island), to Palaces (Charlottenberg), to eating and drinking (Kreuzburg). The city has it all.
3. Munich. There is a reason why all those tourists flock to Munich, not just for Oktoberfest. The Residenz Museum, Englisch Garten, Deutsches Museum and so much more. And do not forget about the beer.
4. Dresden. This Saxon jewel still has many of the treasures its kings have left it, and some rebuilt gems like the Frauenkirche. And if you like gems and precious stones, check out the Green Vault.
5. Bamberg. The home of Rauchbier (smoked beer that tastes like bacon), an amazing city center that has not been ravaged by war, and one of the coolest town halls (Rathaus) in Germany.
6. Luebeck. This gem just north of Hamburg has Marzipan and beautiful city gates to charm anyone.
7. Goerlitz. A bit off the beaten trail, but I love its non-war-ravaged old town and almost ghost town feel in the center. Not to mention a quick hop over to Poland on the pedestrian bridge.
8. Rothenburg ob der Tauber. THE middle age looking town in Germany. It looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale. You can even walk the town walls and enjoy so much more.
9. Cochem and the Moselle River Valley. Germany is famous for beer, but they also make great white wine. Cochem is a quaint town on the Moselle with a city castle as well as easy access to the vineyards and the amazing Burg Eltz.
10. Konstanz. On the beautiful Lake Constance or Bodensee, this town gives you more than just Town Hall and City Museum, here you can enjoy the water sports that living on this beautiful lake affords you.
So go enjoy Germany and I hope these cities make your list. And if you have other towns you like, please comment below!
The natural beauty of Sri Lanka's tropical forests, beaches and landscape, as well as its rich cultural heritage, make it a world famous tourist destination. The island also boasts the first female Prime Minister in the world, Sirimavo Bandaranaike.